How to Order...For Clients in the Pittsburgh Area

U would appreciate a quick phone call first to let me know approximately when you believe you will be requiring my services. I have never turned away a customer, but I do like to make sure I am not overbooked for both of our sakes. Once I have an idea of a time line to expect your order, I will have your week scheduled for securing my services and I won't miss your deadline. Please allow approximately two weeks or so for me to complete your order.
Also allow yourself 6-8 weeks before your actual wedding date to mail your invitations. That would be the normal protocol for mailing wedding invitations. Eight weeks is best, if you have out of town guests requiring travel plans. For those guests, you may even want to send "Save the Date" cards. I am able to create lovely handmade save the date cards and can show you samples upon request.

Once you have your invitations in your hands, and your address list is complete (don't be afraid to give it to me, if you still have a few addresses to track down-this always happens and you can simply email me the final ones as you gather them), give me a phone call to arrange a meeting place and time for me to pick up your envelopes and list.
We will find a location such as a Panera Bread or a Starbucks that is located between the two of us to meet. You will be the one with the box or bag in hand, and I will be the short blond anxiously waiting to meet you! ;o)
Please have your list typed* and ready to go with the following information:
I prefer the names of your guests be written out similar to the example below. You need not spell out states, as I know all state abbreviations. You also need not spell out street, avenue, or road, etc. as I am aware of all of those as well and all wording will be written out in full.
Here is a sample of the way I would most prefer your list to appear:

(outer envelope info)
Mr. and Mrs. James Smith
123 Main St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
(leave a space then followed by inner envelope info)
Mr and Mrs. Smith
Anita and Paul
(children under the age of 16 are listed under parent's names on inner envelope only)

Etiquette dictates that guests living at their parent's homes but age 16+ normally receive their own invitation.
However, if you have budget concerns or quantity of invitation concerns, it is still fine to send them all on one envelope.

*SPECIAL NOTE FOR EXCEL USERS: If you are using Excel spread sheets for your list, I would prefer if you could print out your list to me in address label format rather than the long horizontal columns that you see on the screen with Excel spread sheets. They are difficult to work with while I am writing, and can lead to more mistakes being made. If you print them in label format they are much easier for me to work with. I thank you for your attention to this detail.

You may follow whatever etiquette you choose for addressing the envelopes. The formal, proper way is the way I have given in the example above. The formal proper way is also that the writing would be in black ink. However all choices are personal preferences and I am most happy to accommodate your decisions.

Whichever way you choose, be sure that it is written that way on your list to me. For example if you choose to go the less formal route and use people's first names, please be certain that both envelopes are listed exactly the way you want it to appear on your final envelopes.
If you have any questions feel free to phone me about them.
Soon ...I will be adding pictures of actual envelopes, along with samples of programs, place cards, marriage and birth certificates and other artistic calligraphy creations by me.